to re-consider what we are doing, and who we are doing it for, not to gain the favor of the Lord, but … are our efforts on behalf of the Lord being spent in the appropriate areas?
2. In America we have so few “survival” level needs that we have largely forgotten how to pray with “survival” level urgency and fervor. That needs to become a conscious effort on our part.
3. The need to restore constant hunger for God along with an expectation that He’ll show up and meet with us.
4. We have been invited to do more pastoral care for IRIS Long Term Missionaries in Cambodia and China in February. We are praying about that. Funding for these ventures is out-of-pocket, except for local housing at the IRIS bases.
5. We will meet with the IRIS Harvest School Directors in Tennessee in January or Feb to talk about returning to Pemba. We are praying about which school to connect with.
6. We are praying about funding and direction for The Gathering of Artisans - Europe trip in late July. We have also been asked to stay and teach on inner healing for a few days at a church (possibly two) there following the Gathering.
7. We have been asked to work more with missionary interns at We Will Go Ministries in Jackson, MS who will be undergoing a major structural, as well a major ministry transition early in the year as the area becomes predominately populated with inhabitants of new Section 8 gov’t subsidized housing. We are thinking late January/early Feb at this point.
8. We have received an invitation to return to minister for a week at a prayer center just north of Tampa, FL for sometime in January or February. We are thinking February right now.
9. We still have on the back burner a request to do a marriage seminar aboard a cruise ship for a church in northern Florida. That date is still up in the air.
10. We have yet to resign our position with AIM because there are only two AIM missionaries on the field in SE Asia now and both are home on furlough through December. The 3rd who was in Thailand has now left the field. The 4th is now back in Manila, but under the banner of another ministry. Not sure if we will continue our support there. We completed six monthly weekends of inner healing training for AIM staff in early September.
11. The trauma Prayer is now up well over 500,000 downloads, from various sources. Maybe more since so many people are copying it onto CD’s and giving it away to friends and relatives. We are beginning to meet people who have listened to it for months before our encounters with them. The YouTube version currently posted has been viewed 98,000+ times, and it was posted by someone else. The post before that garnered more than 49,000 views before it was replaced by this one. It is now in every nation on earth. To our knowledge it has yet to be translated into another language, despite several offers.
12. We plan to publish four more books this year, including Pat’s first on the spirit reconciliation tool she’s created. That will make 11 in print. Monthly Book sales through Amazon pay for our website fees and monthly internet usage. We would love to get that up to about $1,000 per month. We also need to figure out a way to get them published in Europe. While in Pemba the Lord added a number of other things to the trauma prayer, so it may be time for a 3rd Edition of the Book.
13. I (Jim) need to replace my truck with a newer one sometime this coming year. It was rebuilt from a wreck and at 15 years old it is now beginning show significant signs of impending major expense, in the not too distant future.
14. We would also like some fresh vision and direction from the Lord. We have traveled this year more than we ever have. We have touched down in airports in every continent of the world, except Australia. We have prayed for more people than ever, done more Skype and phone ministry sessions than ever, and feel like there is more change in the wind. We’ve had two people give us prophetic words about another couple of moves yet to come and two people have asked us recently, “Are you moving?” We have no real desire to, but that was the case before we moved to Kentucky. We just feel the need for some fresh marching instructions – even a “steady as she goes” would qualify.
15. We completed six weeks of inner healing training for a church group in Shelbyville, KY, a suburb of Louisville back in March.
16. We have another inner healing training invitation on hold for now in San Antonio, which should become active again in the Spring.